The parish church, St. Helens of Great Budworth remains in full occupation and use (November 2009).
At the time of John and Ann's wedding, there were none of the victorian pews, and the present organ was not installed until two years later (1839).
Our couple, who could neither read nor write, would have sung their hymns that they had learned by rote, while the lesson etc. would have been intoned by one of the attending clergy.
Our impression of the event is that the couple, families and friends would have been somewhat in awe of the occassion.
And probably dressed warmly - our visit in November was chilly!